Set up your next course
Mosa’s Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) help architects and designers meet their mandatory continuing education credits. The courses are focused on specific applications and emphasize attitudes, competencies, knowledge and skill in a specific subject that enhances performance.
Porcelain Tile Specification 101:
How to specify surfaces for endurance, integrity and strength?
Approved by: AIA, IDCEC and LA CES
Duration of the presentation: 1 hour
Learning units: 1 LU
- Considering the needs and nature of a space in order to minimize risk while also ensuring design integrity.
- Describing the key characteristic that separate porcelain in terms of quality and integrity. These are the same criteria used to determine a product’s fit with the requirements for a project.
- Understanding whether the tile will fit the sustainability requirements of the project.
- Following the necessary steps for successful specification.
- Utilize available resources for specific information, consultation, and current standards.
During this course you will learn how to avoid the many potential ramifications of improper tile specification, from failure to meeting simple aesthetic standards to public safety issues and lack of endurance over time, to all out tile failure. Tile can be one of the most costly of built-environment product failures, so knowledge of current and advanced technologies and best practices in specification is a key to success in every project.
Our newly accredited Cradle to Cradle CEU is available in the following areas in the USA: New York City, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Long Island, Washington DC, Miami and Los Angeles. In Canada the CEU’s are offered in Toronto. For requests outside this area please contact us.
Register for the upcoming webinar
Wednesday, December 6, 2023 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Or book a course for your office
Mosa is listed as a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects continuing education system (AIA/CES) as well as with the Interior Design Continuing Education Council Inc. (IDCEC) which gathers the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) and the Interior Designers of Canada (IDC). Moreover, our course(s) is/are approved for 1 GBCI Continuing Education hours each.