Set up your next course
Mosa’s Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) help architects and designers meet their mandatory continuing education credits. The courses are focused on specific applications and emphasize attitudes, competencies, knowledge and skill in a specific subject that enhances performance.
Exploring a bright future for planet earth
Approved by: AIA, IDCEC, GBCI and LA CES
Duration of the presentation: 1 hour
Learning units: 1 LU
- (HSW) Understand how design professionals can source Cradle to Cradle certified products and how they can make a difference by employing Cradle to Cradle principles to significantly transform the future of the planet from one of scarcity to one of abundance.
- Study the impact of the current linear economy of building on the health and well-being of the planet, its ecosystems, people and on the future of biodiversity.
- Understand the main principle of Cradle to Cradle, wherein science provides the physical laws and the data, while design serves as the signal of human intention.
- Understand how companies use Cradle to Cradle principles such as closed-loop systems and processes, use of pure and abundant natural resources plus recycled materials to create products that adhere to the rigorous Cradle to Cradle third party certification standards.
- Learn how to read the Cradle to Cradle product scorecard and take a deep dive into the 5 distinct criteria on which products are graded. Understand the connection between Cradle to Cradle specification and LEED v4 points.
Architects and designers are in a unique position now to change the world in even more extraordinary ways than at any other time in history. This course will explain why and show the benefits of moving away from a widely accepted sustainability model that focuses on producing “less bad” effects and instead move towards a model that intentionally creates “more good.” Cradle to Cradle aims to design things today that will create sustainability both now and in the future. Designers will learn how the heavily-vetted and multi-faceted third-party standard of Cradle to Cradle employs a circular model for products that can also be applied to entire buildings, companies and business models, communities and ultimately to the whole planet.
Learn how design professionals are doing this boldly on a large scale and subtly on a small scale and why both will make a difference. You know why it’s beneficial, but in this hour, you’ll discover why Cradle to Cradle might actually be much more useful, approachable, optimistic and attainable than you may ever have thought possible.
Mosa is listed as a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects continuing education system (AIA/CES) as well as with the Interior Design Continuing Education Council Inc. (IDCEC) which gathers the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) and the Interior Designers of Canada (IDC). Moreover, our course(s) is/are approved for 1 GBCI Continuing Education hours each.